Cassia Obovata: The Natural Hair Treatment For damaged Hair
it is natural and repair damaged hair It also strengthens thin and flat hair, whether it's chemically treated or not. Hair that needs volume and gloss. Cassia treats hair without leaving any hint of color on dark hair although It can leave a tinge of golden wheat color on white hair
Cassia Obovata is plant. It is known as neutral henna too because it shares the similar benefits of henna except for henna orange stain. It is great if you love the way henna makes your hair healthy, beautiful and shinier but you want to avoid henna red shade. For curly hairs cassia obovata defines the curls, makes it clean shinier and healthy scalp.
Cassia with high levels of anthraquinones and chrysophanic acid are very effective in promoting healthy hair. .
Cassia Obovata properties?
- Hair Repair
- Fight Dandruff
- Strengthen Brittle and thin hair
How To Use:
You can use cassia obovata with two different methods one for hair treatment. you make a paste with water or aloe vera gel and apply immediately for 1 hour.
In an other method for coloring,you will soak it for 8-12 hours for dye release and then apply. Dark hair will not see any color change but light or grey hair will be dyed golden tone. Additionally if it is mixed with henna it can give copper blond and strawberry blond shades and light brown too with henna and indigo combination.
Mixing Cassia Obovata for hair mask treatment:
- -Mix powder with pure water and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Make sure your mixture is like pancake batter.
- -Apply the cassia paste onto clean hair that is either dry or damp. Apply mixture in layers starting from the back and moving forward.
- -Wrap your hair and leave on for at least an hour.
- - wash paste out
What Else You Can Add Into Cassia :
In your basic cassia obovata mask recipe,you can add other ingredients of your own choice to make your recipe of mask more moisture rich and beneficial.
- For moisturizing: Add cocoa butter, coconut oil, aloe Vera gel, conditioner or honey.
- For protein treatment: Add eggs, gelatin or Mayonnaise
- For stronger healthier hair: Add Amla + Bhringraj
- For deep cleansing: Add soapnut +shikakai
- Curly hair: add amla in cassia to lock curls in a more defined way.
Cassia can be used as a condioner once a month, or more frequently if desired. Its effects are not as permanent as henna; it is fine to apply a new treatment whenever you feel your hair needs it.
How to color with Cassia Obovata:
ONE STEP METHOD FOR BLOND TO golden BROWN SHADE (a mixture of henna, cassia, indigo)
Remember this mixture is well suited for naturally light blond heads or white hair. When you intend to color your hair, soak henna and cassia together for 8-12 hours before application.
- In cassia and henna powder, mix Organic Roots’ low pH acidic powder (or else you can add juice of 3-4 lemons. Make paste with pure normal temperature water (not hot).
- Cover it and keep it in warm corner for 8-12 hours.
- Before you apply, make fresh indigo paste with lukewarm water (not hot) and add 1tsp salt in it. Now add immediately in prepped henna and cassia paste. Mix it well and apply on hair. Cover your hair with plastic wrap/shower cap for 3-5 hours.
- Wash with shampoo and conditioner. Your hair color will oxidize and settle over the next two days.
- Repeat as required. No harm.Ratios:
- Strawberry blond: 75% cassia + 25% henna.
- Copper: 50 % cassia + 50% henna
- Light brown: equal quantity of henna + cassia+ indigo
- golden brown : 4 parts cassia+1 part henna +1 part Indigo
If the water you wash your hair with is hard water or having dissolved minerals, the minerals can accumulate in your hair and when you apply cassia these minerals can react and can make your hair green, dark brown or blackish green. Please patch test cassia on your hair prior to treatment and if the color looks funky or strange do clarifying shampoo or organic roots detox wash treatment prior to cassia treatment.
Organic Roots have two grades of Cassia Obovata . One is called Lustrous and the other is called Nude & Glossy.
You can get hair masking benefits with both cassias. But for coloring purposes, we recommend Nude & Glossy because it contains chrysophanic acid in more concentrated form so it is better in wheat golden dye content so we recommend using this in our kits. If you want to apply as hair conditioning purpose then lustrous is a od choice too. Cassia Obovata give fabulous effects if applied alone too but adding more herbs can make it more beneficial. Organic Roots Secret Hair pack is also available on store with all beneficial high-quality additional 9 herbs added in cassia obovata. You do not need to add any herb to make cassia obovata richer paste if you buy Her Secret Hair Pack.