How To Use It:
One Step method for brown shades (Mixture of henna and indigo)
When you intend to color your hair, soak henna paste 8-12 hours before application.
- In henna powder, mix Organic Roots’ low pH acidic powder (or else you can add juice of 3-4 lemons.)
- Make henna paste with pure normal temperature water (not hot).
- Cover it and keep it in a warm corner for 8-12 hours.
- The paste is ready to use.
- Before you apply, make fresh indigo paste with lukewarm water(not hot) and add 1tsp salt in it. Now add immediately in prepped henna paste. Mix it well and apply it on hair. Cover your hair with a plastic wrap/shower cap for 3-5 hours. Wash with shampoo and conditioner.
Your hair color will oxidize and settle over the next two days. Repeat as required. No harm
For more Details on one step method kindly follow this link. Click Here
- Remember this method darkens lighter shades or white hair. This method can never make dark hair towards lighter tones. For first-timers or extremely damaged hair there comes an adjustment period to settle this natural method on hair. Repeat applications of two to three times may be needed for the required results.
- It is safe to use henna and indigo on your hair as they are natural. However to ensure that you are not allergic to either of the plant, do a patch test. Some people have cold allergy associated with henna and some have spore allergy with the fermented indigo plant.
- if your water supply is hard then it is recommended to do organic roots detox wash or clarifying treatment prior to use otherwise minerals and metals in water can give dull and undesirous results.